Sharm el Sheikh
The Baron Palms
|Food & beverage|
|Sports & leisure|
The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh is a hotel of good standards, boasting lush, tropical gardens which provide a tranquil setting. With a range of facilities and value all inclusive concept, it provides an ideal holiday choice for adults and children alike.
The Baron Palms is situated next to its sister hotel, The Baron, with just an 80m walk through the Baron Boulevard to the hotel’s 650 metre private sandy beach. Both hotels are based in Ras Nasrani, in northern Sharm el Sheikh, near the airport and about a 20 minute ride from Naama Bay, Sharm el Sheikh's thriving centre.
The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh features 230 spacious, air-conditioned rooms, including 3 suites. Each features;
- private facilities
- satellite TV
- mini bar
- high speed internet connection
- tea & coffee making facilities
- 100% Egyptian cotton linen & towels.
Rooms offer a terrace or balcony with garden, mountain or pool view.
Room service: Yes, 24 hours
Laundry service: Yes (chargeable)
Shops: Yes, shopping arcade at the Baron Boulevard
Shuttle bus: Yes, to Naama Bay (pay locally; limited places)
Internet access: Yes, free WiFi in the lobby
Business facilities: Yes
Children's Club: Yes, Chico Kids' Club for ages 4-7 and Juniors' Club for ages 8-12.
Babysitting: Yes, with prior reservation and subject to availability
The hotel also features a children's beach playground.
Food & Beverage
Board basis details
The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh is sold on an all inclusive basis, which includes the following;
- 3 meals a day served buffet style in the main restaurant, Tiran; breakfast (6.30am-10.30am); lunch (12.30pm-3pm); and dinner (6.30pm-10pm).
- With prior reservation, guests may choose to have dinner at the Egyptian à la carte restaurant (7pm-11pm) or a candlelit dinner (set menu) at the Paradise pool restaurant (7pm-11pm).
- Guests may also dine at the Baron Resort's a la carte restaurants (restrictions apply), with prior reservation - including the Egyptian a la carte restaurant and candle lit a la carte dinners at the Paradise pool restaurant
- Late Continental breakfast (10.30am-midday), light meals and snacks (midday-5pm), available at the Paradise pool restaurant.
- Sandwiches (midday-6.30pm) served at the beach bar.
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cakes and cookies (4pm-6pm) served on the lobby terrace, La Veranda.
- Midnight snacks (11.30pm-12.30am)
- Ice cream at the Paradise pool restaurant (from 1 November 2010 only)
- A selection of local soft and alcoholic beverages are available from the lobby bar and piano lounge, La Veranda terrace and Paradise pool restaurant and bar (10am-midnight), Siesta beach restaurant and bar (10am-6.30pm), Now & Zen dance bar (8pm-11pm), and the Khan El Khalili Oriental café (7pm-midnight).
- Use of the gym, pool aerobics, table tennis, beach volleyball, billiards and tennis (during daylight hours).
All beverages are ordered and served by the glass, one at a time and are available free of charge until midnight. All meal locations can be changed daily without notice. Mini bar consumption, international and premium beverages are not included in the all inclusive package.
Food & beverage facilities
- The main restaurant, Tiran, offers a variety of daily changing international buffets with live cooking stations
- A speciality restaurant, open for dinner, serves authentic Egyptian and Oriental cuisine
- Paradise pool restaurant provides snacks and light meals during the day and candlelit dinners during the evening
- The hotel also features a selection of bars offering snacks and refreshments.
Not all facilities are included on all inclusive board basis.
Sports & Leisure
- 2 swimming pools (1 heated in winter) with several integrated jacuzzis, waterfalls and cascades
- 1 children’s pool (heated)
Spa / Health
A spa and relaxation centre offering a gym, steam room, aerobics and a wide choice of beauty therapies and massages (pay locally)
Guests staying at The Baron Palms can access the beach at The Baron, which is located adjacent to the hotel.
- 2 tennis courts (pay locally for floodlighting)
- Beach volleyball
- Table tennis
- - Jogging and cycling promenade between the hotel and the beach
- Water sports including banana boats and pedal boats plus a diving centre.
Facilities and sports equipment may be at a charge, payable locally.
Diving & Snorkelling
Any visit to the Red Sea wouldn't be complete without discovering the incredible variety of life and colour beneath the waves. Learn to dive in the Red Sea, or snorkel on some of the world's best reefs.
Diving Guests staying at The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh can dive with our chosen dive centre partner in Sharm el Sheikh, Red Sea Diving College, offering a range of courses and packages for beginners and qualified divers. The centre holds PADI's Certificate of Excellence, and transfers divers to and from the hotel and dive centre. Nearby Ras Gamila offers good local diving opportunities.
Snorkelling There are good snorkelling opportunities from the beach of the Baron, with a spectacular house reef accessible via a jetty. Equipment is available for hire at the hotel's watersports centre. Alternatively, guests may choose to go on a snorkelling day trip by boat to the Straits of Tiran or Ras Mohamed National Park.
The information relating to this hotel is correct to the best of our knowledge. However, the responsibility for the accuracy of the description of the hotel and its facilities lies with the hotel, and we cannot be held liable for any changes or discrepancies to services or facilities that have not been brought to our notice.
Hotels in Sharm el Sheikh
- Four Seasons Resort Sharm el Sheikh
- Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh
- Ritz Carlton Sharm el Sheikh
- The Savoy Sharm el Sheikh
- Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort
- The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Resort & Spa
- Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
- Maritim Jolie Ville Golf Resort
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula
- Marriott Sharm el Sheikh Red Sea Resort
- Movenpick Sharm el Sheikh
- Novotel Sharm el Sheikh
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort
- Sheraton Sharm el Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Resort
- Hilton Fayrouz Sharm el Sheikh Resort
- Hilton Shark's Bay Resort
- Sonesta Beach Sharm el Sheikh
- AA Grand Oasis Resort
- Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran
- Sierra Sharm el Sheikh
- Sonesta Club Sharm el Sheikh
- Three Corners Palmyra Resort
- Bay View Hotel
- Eden Rock Sharm el Sheikh
- Falcon Hills