Red Sea Diving
Hotels in Dahab
Reef 2000 is a British-owned PADI Dive Club run by your host David and his experienced team of Divemasters and Instructors. They offer diver training following PADI and IANTD standards in a relaxed environment, ranging from the beginner-level Open Water course through to the IANTD instructor courses.
They also organise guided shore dives for qualified divers, camel safaris and boat-diving safaris either locally or south to the famous sites of Ras Mohammed, the Straits of Tiran and the S/S Thistlegorm and various other activities for the diver and non-diver alike. These include Yoga courses and Yoga Diving, visits to St Catherine's Monastery, evening dinner excursions into the mountains and snorkelling trips. No matter what your interests, they will strive to ensure that their services meet with the highest possible standards.
Dive centre transfers
Guests will be collected from and returned to their hotels by Reef 2000, free of charge.
2 or 3 dives a day (upgrade payable locally)
Yes, accessible only at high tide.
Starts at 8.30am and finishes at approx 4pm.
Early morning and night dives are available on request.
Local rules & etiquette
- A guide must accompany divers at all times.
- Maximum depth limit on recreational dives is 30m.
- A check out dive is required, at a supplement of €15, if you have not dived for 6 months or more.
- For Ras Mohamed, Straits of Tiran or the Thistlegorm, divers need at least 20 logged dives and at least PADI Advanced Open Water certification or equivalent.
Hotel restaurant, freshwater swimming pool with children's section, pool bar, massage, pilates and Yoga classes, video production, clothes shop and TV lounge.
Yes, €8 for 2 tanks (up to 40%)
- IANTD Technical facility; IANTD courses from Advanced Nitrox to OC Trimix (100m). Can cater for Inspiration users (tanks and booster pump available).
Welcome on boat and camel safaris for a nominal charge. Snorkelling trips available from €25 (pay locally).